Latest post

Image
  I want to raise awareness of a superb, Dementia Care podcast that is readily available here or from wherever you go for your podcasts. Created by the exceptional Lauren Mahakian, each podcast explores the spectrum of dementia and dementia care in practical, down-to-earth terms. The content is made very accessible in a way that will educate and support carers, friends and family, whatever their perspective may be. There’s a back-catalogue of thought provoking editions going back to 2019 which shares knowledge and demonstrates what is possible when you have the dedication and courage to think outside the box.

A kind of introduction....

Strange times indeed!


It is an odd coincidence I'm creating this on the 26th anniversary of a very significant day because on this day in April 1994 I started my own business. But today will be memorable in it's own right, not because I've started a blog of course, but because we're currently in lockdown in our fight to defeat the Corona virus or Covid 19 as it's also called. 

In the last few weeks this has replaced Brexit as the subject dominating all forms of media outlet in the UK, but this time it is quite literally a global issue.

This may seem distinctly uninteresting if you're reading this today for the reason I've just mentioned - Covid 19 IS the news subject of the moment. It's everywhere. But it seems right to record this as it's so significant and because it is probably the reason I've managed to get around to setting this up. But also because when anyone reads this in the future, even if it's only me, it will act as a landmark. 
Covid 19 will stick in the minds of anyone experiencing it, in the same way that Kennedy's assassination and Princess Diana's death has, depending on your age of course. 

The big news today is that our Prime Minister, a certified buffoon on the surface, is now in intensive care having put his responsibilities first, before his own health and that of his family and unborn child.

When Trump became acting president of the USA (I say 'acting' because he is surely only keeping the seat warm until they find a proper one) it was a pretty dark day for the world. Then when Boris became Prime Minister I thought I must surely wake up soon to find it was only one of those bonkers dreams that are so bizarre it's hard to believe they're a product of your own brain. But today I'm pretty scared for my own health and for the health of Boris the Buffoon. 

The fact is he has faced up to an unimaginably difficult challenge that no one would wish upon thier worst enemy, and whilst the press lambast him and his cabinet regardless of what they do. I'm full of admiration for Bozzer. I'm wishing as hard as I can for his speedy recovery so he gets back in the hot seat as soon as possible and Dominic Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaab doesn't get beyond himself.

I'm a bugger for cliches and the one that springs to mind is 'when the going gets tough....' and I have to say hats off to Boris. He's risen to a monumental challenge with dignity, commitment and absolute, selfless determination and we should all give him and our government all the support we can muster because if nothing else, they are definitely the best hope we've got. If anyone has any difficulty running with this then just be grateful Boris is your political leader and not The Trump. A man guaranteed to leave a nasty smell wherever he goes!









Comments